Statement as of March 13, 2020
As we prepare for the 2020 RunRegina season, the safety and well-being of our participants, volunteers, event staff, and spectators is our top priority. We are closely monitoring the developments related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) including updates from the Government of Canada/Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC), Saskatchewan Government - Ministry of Health, and the World Health Organization and are committed to keeping all stakeholders informed as we get closer to each race day.
At this point in time there is no indication to cancel or reschedule our future events but this may chance based on recommendations from health organizations. RunRegina will continue to take guidance from the appropriate health advisory organizations regardling preparedness.
Please be away of current best practises and everyday preventative actions to minimize risk from COVID-19 as outlined by the Government of Canada/Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC):
- Proper hygiene can help reduce the risk of infection or spreading infection to others. Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after using the washroom and when preparing food;
- Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available;
- Cough or sneeze into a tissue or the bend of your arm, not your hand;
- Dispose of any tissues you have used as soon as possible in a lined wastebasket and wash your hands afterwards;
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands;
- Clean the following high-touch surfaces frequently with regular household cleaners or diluted bleach (1 part bleach to 9 parts water):
- Door handles
- Bedside tables
- Television remotes
- Also, avoid close contact with people who are sick and stay home if you are sick.
RunRegina will be adjusting protocols and procedures for all events to minimize the potential spread of the virus and will continue to share more with stakeholders in advance of each event.